Why switch your private medical insurance plan?
There are various reasons why you might decide to switch health insurance. Here are some common ones:
- Your current health insurance plan no longer provides enough cover for your health needs.
- Your current health insurance has too many extra benefits you never use.
- You are not happy with the service you receive from your health insurance company.
- Your medical insurance policy is too expensive.
- You believe that better and more suitable health insurance plans might be out there.
We can help you switch your health insurance
As you get older or your personal circumstances may change, your health insurance cover should be reviewed every year to check if it’s still suitable for you.
We can compare all new and old policies against your existing health insurance benefits and check whether the policy you have is the most cost-effective for your needs. As part of our free health insurance check-up…
We will listen to your concerns
We will get to know your situation and provide you with expert insurance advice. We will also ensure you can continue to be covered with no interruptions.
We will make sure you don’t lose important cover
Many health insurance companies will allow you to transfer to them and keep the same underwriting terms that you had with your previous insurer. Whilst this may sound complicated, our expert advisers will be able to guide you through this process.
We will go through all the options available
In some cases, it may not even be necessary to change insurers, you may just need to change to another plan from the same company. In any case, we will check you are 100% happy with the new cover before switching.
5 questions to ask yourself before
renewing your health insurance policy
- Is your current health insurance policy still relevant to your healthcare needs?
- Were you able to use your policy as expected and were you satisfied with the resolution of your claims?
- Have you recently reviewed your policy and premiums?
- Were you always happy with the service you received from the health insurance company?
- Do you think your existing health insurance is worth the premium you are paying?
If you answered NO to any of these questions, you should review your existing health insurance plan and think about alternatives.
Top tips for switching your private medical insurance
1. Never choose your health insurance cover solely on price
More expensive health insurance plans are not necessarily better, and conversely, don’t just go for the cheapest health insurance plan, as it might not provide the cover you need.
2. Ask for cover under the same terms as your current provider
We will ask the new health insurance company if they can offer you cover under the same terms as your previous provider, to ensure that new exclusions are not added to your policy.
3. Switch at renewal
One of the best times to switch health insurance is close to your renewal date. If you choose to switch during your insurance term, your current health insurance company might charge you specific fees.
Are you ready to switch your health insurance?
We can compare all health insurance policies available on the market against your existing health insurance benefits and check whether the policy you have is the most cost-effective for your needs. Request a health insurance quote to start your switch today.Switch Now
Are you leaving your company health insurance scheme?
Whether you are changing jobs, leaving your company or retiring, you can keep the security of private health insurance that was previously provided by your employer by moving to a personal plan. We can compare policies and help you switch quickly and effortlessly.Switch Now
Top tips for switching health insurance
International health insurance vs. travel insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Don’t miss out on the latest news, offers, advice and other helpful info from UK Health Insurance. Don’t worry, we won’t spam you